The Career Services Network, in partnership with Student Athlete Support Services, provides career advising support, employer connections, and multiple networking and career education workshops to support the many career paths student-athletes pursue after graduation.
Visit the SASS website to learn more about their Career Development program designed for student athletes.
Student-athletes have several options available for career advising support through either SASS or the Career Services Network. Connect with a career advisor to discuss how to leverage your student athlete experience and learn more about:
- Assessing your skills and professional interests
- Including your experience as a student athlete on your professional documents (resumes, cover letters)
- Gaining experience through internships, part-time work, and other professional development opportunities
- Developing a job search strategy
- Building a professional network that utilizes alumni mentors
- Preparing for interviews by highlighting key skills and competencies such as work ethic, leadership skills and involvement in teams
- Applying to graduate/professional school
Connect with former Spartan varsity student-athletes by joining the Varsity Student Athletes interest group on MSU Connect. Find an alumni mentor based on your preferred location, industry, or specific organization.