Students with Disabilities
Career Services is committed to helping students with visible and non-visible disabilities find gainful and satisfying employment. We work closely with MSU’s Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities to answer questions you may have about disclosure, accommodations, and your legal rights.
Common Questions from Students with Disabilities
- How can I figure out if an employer will be supportive and suit my needs and values?
- How and when should I disclose my disability to an employer? (We can practice or role-play disclosure with you)
- What is considered a “reasonable accommodation” and how should I request one?
- What strengths might I bring to the workplace as a person with a disability?
- How do I overcome challenges or request accommodations for an interview?
Schedule an advising appointment through Handshake to discuss these and other questions with one of our experienced career advisors.